Sunday, November 15, 2009



My art piece is more of a mirror than a hammer. It is a mirror because it reflects our dependence on digital representation devices. My art work makes the statement that computers control the world. It also shows that computers and the world don't connect smoothly. The fuzz or electrical malfunction between the connection of the earth and the cord from the computer represents the "malfunctions" that computers and digital representation devices in general cause society and the world.

My art is specific enough that it shows the viewer the main idea of the message the art work is trying to show. It is also not too specific therefore people can interpret it in different ways. My reaction to my art is that it makes me realize how we are losing control of our own lives. We are letting computers and other digital representation devices do things for us and practically live our lives for us. It is kind of scary to me.

The most interesting part of making this for me was coming up with the idea of what to draw. As I started drawing I had a picture in mind and while I was drawing it, it took a completely different course and turned in to a completely different picture. This was pretty interesting to me because I found that this drawing best represented my point and it's frightening that this best represents the world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment