Monday, September 21, 2009

1st comments (i forgot to post on my blog before)

Bao Lin,

Let me start by saying that was an amazing post. You bring some really deep and important ideas that I Think go unnoticed by many people. The things you bring up in this post are some of the same ideas that I have(theres so much in my head its hard to organize my thoughts, thats why its not in my blog). I'm referring to the point you make that electronic devices are another way that pop culture updates whats "in" now and makes people feel left out if they don't have this stuff. I also think you bring up a very interesting a true point when you speak about people having real and fake identities online.

Basically in your post you go into depth on how the digitalization of the new age is a tool that pop culture uses to make people spend money on things to try to fit in. You also talk about how people can have different identities online a point I touched on in my post. Overall your post critiques the use of digitilization but notes that it is very addictive and useful.

I think the point you bring up about people and who the "really" are is something that we can have a whole class on by itself. This connects to so much. Pop culture, interaction of humans, etc. I think that what your saying about people trying to fit in is something we see all the time and in a way we are all guilty of it to different extents.

I guess the next step to this post would be trying to figure out an alternative or figuring out how people should use the new electronic devices we have. Is it possible to have these things without abusing them? Is it possible to have these electronics without them having some sort of negative affect?

This post deals with a lot of questions I ask myself just in a different context. Im refering to you asking about our true identity the affect pop culture has on us, etc. This post made me reconsider how many things really are a tool of pop culture and it had me wondering how guilty I am of trying to fit in even though I consider myself aware and not as guilty as others(if that counts for anything haha)

Thank you for such a deep post. I look forward to seeing what you have to say about the questions I asked and in general your view on our future topics. :)

SEPTEMBER 17, 2009 6:42 PM


Esther,

Your post is really organized and to the point(something my post lacks haha). I like the style of writing you used. The example you used just reminded me of hundreds of similar situations I've had. I think your view is spot on and your completely right that most people if not all are "digitally corrupted."

You basically say that we are all corrupted by digitalization whether we realize it or not. You note that it is "human progress" but overall it's corruption(completely agree).

The situation you described about brushing your teeth and being pulled towards facebook sounds like something I constantly do(except i live in apartment...so no stairs haha). It's kind of crazy how we all let digitalization take over our lives even though many of us are aware of the damage it can potentially do or is currently doing.

I think the next step of this post would be expanding on your points, taking it to the next level whatever you think that may be(im interested in reading). Also I think you should explore the question of what we would be like with out all the digitalization we have and how we can make the situation better considering the situation we are currently in.

This post was kind of like another wake up call to me on how I let myself get caught up in unnecessary things such as facebook when I could spend time with friends, or exploring other things in life. It made me think of how I spend my time and although I consider myself pretty aware of the corruption around us, this made me wonder how I can take my ideas and actions to another level.

I really enjoyed your post. I look forward to your answers of my questions and your future posts. :)

September 17, 2009 6:59 PM

1 comment: